Set in the stunning foothills of Black Combe, the Black Combe Country Fair is a traditional Lakeland Show offering visitors a fascinating insight into Cumbrian Life. The show attracts thousands of visitors and locals alike each year and there is something for everyone.
There are always a number of show classes for dogs including Foxhounds, Terriers, Beagles, Whippets, Lurchers, Gundogs and a fun novelty K9 class.
Judging also takes place for Cumbrian Walking Sticks, Vintage Vehicle, Agricultural Engine, Stationary Engine and Trikes.
Traditional Cumbrian Sports are represented with a competition of Cumberland and Westmorland Wrestling and a Fell Race.
Terrier Racing takes place throughout the afternoon.
The Black Combe Country Fair offers something for all the family, with lots of trade stands, refreshments, amusements and much more, there is always plenty to do and see.
Children have their own amusements and activities and can bring their pet dog to compete in the novelty K9 class.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON 28th August 2018
Thank you so much to everyone who supported Blackcombe Country Fair today. Fantastic effort by everyone. Great team work with every aspect of the show. Not sure how else I can say how appreciative we are to get such support from a vast amount of people. Too many people / groups to name but you all know who you are. I did try and get round as many people as I could today but I do apologise if I did not see you to say a huge THANK YOU.
2018 Raffle Prizes - ALL PRIZES HAVE BEEN COLLECTED
1. £50 cash prize – ticket 270
2. 2 x Cartmel races paddock tickets – ticket 873
3. Afternoon tea for 2 at Waterhead Hotel – ticket 828
4. Windermere Lake Cruises family ticket – ticket 902
5. Sunday lunch for 2 at Hundith Hill Hotel – ticket 930
6. Eskdale railway family ticket – ticket 197
7. Windermere Lake Cruises family ticket – ticket 023
8. Muncaster Castle family entry – ticket 27
9. Lakeland Motor Museum family ticket – ticket 638
10. Pair of complimentary Westmorland County Show tickets – ticket 229
11. Bottle of whiskey (from Whiskey Barn) – ticket 906
12. Hamper from Juicy jams – ticket 34
13. Beggar’s theatre ticket – ticket 956
14. Necklace and earring set – ticket 599
15. Phoenix cards gift wrap – ticket 846
16. Luxury cheese selection – ticket 887
BLACK COMBE COUNTRY FAIR 27th August 2018
Bootle Village, Cumbria in the fields adjacent to Millstones, LA19 5TL on the A595 commencing at 12 noon.